Collection and use of personal information
In order to use the CampKings internet store, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible. CampKings Australia collects information about you:
- Because you have registered with as a customer of CampKings Australia
- Because you have purchased products from our CampKings Australia website
- Because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested
- Because we would like to improve our services
Broadly there are three (3) types of information or data we collect:
- Personal information that is required - In some instances you must provide personal information if you wish to use or utilise a particular service or participate in an activity.
- Personal information that is optional - You may choose to provide some personal information which is not required but is directly related to CampKings Australia activities. For instance you may provide us with information regarding specific interests which will allow us to provide a product offering that matches your interests.
- Permissions - Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
Disclosure of personal information
CampKings Australia may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To provide the service or participate in the activity you wish to utilise
- Research related to the performance, quality, maintenance and/or improvement of CampKings Australia products and services
- To customise and promote CampKings Australia products and services that may be of interest to you
- To provide technical support to you to use CampKings Australia services
- If permitted or required by law or
- Otherwise with your consent
CampKings Australia is assisted by a variety of third parties to deliver goods and services. Some examples of third parties include but are not limited to:
- Technology service providers
- Logistical and courier services
- Financial payment options service providers (eg ZipPay)
- Promotion and marketing fulfilment partners
- Subscription service providers and their mailing houses
Under no circumstances will CampKings Australia sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Some CampKings Australia services may be integrated with external services including social media networks. This may mean that information, for instance about your interests and activities, may be tracked or obtained from other sources (eg Facebook).
If you are signed in to a CampKings Australia service which is integrated with other media tools, this information may be available to others depending upon the privacy settings you have in place on other platforms.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to access information that is held by CampKings Australia about you.
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information held by CampKings Australia. CampKings Australia will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information please contact CampKings Australia as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 0467 226 737
Protection of your personal information
CampKings Australia will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At the same time some of our third party platforms are not operated or controlled by CampKings Australia and our ability to protect your personal information is limited.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your personal information when using third party services (eg. social media platforms).
As far as is practicable we will make sure that our relationships with those third parties include appropriate protection of your privacy.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of information provided on this site. However, CampKings Australia cannot accept any responsibility for errors or omissions. As the ultimate end use of a product is outside of our control, users should check the information supplied or seek detail from us regarding product suitability or product requirements. To the extent permitted by law, CampKings Australia is not liable for loss, damage or liability arising from errors, omissions, inaccuracies or any misleading or out of date information whether contained on this site or any link attached to this site.
Intellectual Property Rights
This site contains material in which the copyright is owned by and is not limited to Business & Leisure Solutions Pty Ltd, CampKings Australia and CampKits Australia. This material including wording, depictions and logos may be downloaded for personal use only and may not be used for any other purpose or further reprinted without prior written permission from Business & Leisure Solutions Pty Ltd.
Credit Card information
Your credit card details are only stored and transmitted in encrypted form. Unencrypted credit card information is not stored on our internet servers. Online credit card payments are currently processed using the following third party gateway and payment services:
eWay who provide a PCI-DSS (plastic card industry data security scheme) compliant gateway service to Business & Leisure Solutions Pty Ltd that is used to securely process customer payments. eWAY is certified as meeting Tier 1 of the PCI DSS compliance criteria, which is the highest level of compliance available.
Privacy complaints and enquiries
CampKings Australia welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly.
You can contact CampKings Australia about any privacy issues as follows:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 0467 226 737