Tarp Tips #11
What Sized Tarpaulin To Get?
So you’ve decided to get a tarpaulin. You’ve tried the gazebo and it was a fail…
It toppled and blew across the campsite (nearly taking out your neighbours) and finally buckled and bowed under the weight of the down-pour overnight!
Now, the only question left is:
What sized tarp should you get?
To answer this question, there are a series of important thing to consider in order to avoid making the wrong choice.
You should ask yourself;
Where are you camping?
- Are there restrictions on the camp site size
- Does the ground allow for tarp set ups
- Can I get a tarp into and out of the site easily
How many campers are in the group?
- Are you covering the tents only
- Are you setting up a communal area only
- Are you covering the entire site – tents and cooking / communal areas
What sized tent / trailer do you have?
- Is your tarp purely to protect your tent / camper trailer
- What is the max height / length of your set up and is it centred
- What does your set up look like under a tarp (draw it out)
What sheltered outdoor options (if any) are you considering?
- Are you creating sheltered kitchen & cooking areas
- When it rains, do you want a comfortable space outside of the tent
- Do you want areas protected from wet and heat for dining and gear storage
What extra gear do you have?
- Where will you store bikes, activities, games sets
- Where can you set up and store your favourite camping chair and fishing rods
- Where will you stack tubs, bags, trolleys until pack up day
- Have I thought about the set-up process
- Do I have all the equipment required for a solid and functional tarp set up
- How will I position my campsite for the best protection \ views \ experience
These are just a few of the considerations to take into account when looking to buy a tarpaulin camping shelter solution.
For more information email us at email@example.com or SMS 0467 CAM PER